Salta ai contenuti
Home > Tourist Guide > Art and History

Villa Caccia e Museo Etnografico

NomeDescrizione
IndirizzoViale Antonelli 3
ROMAGNANO SESIA (NO)
Telefono+39.342.1631245
EMailinfo@museostoricoromagnano.it
Webhttp://www.museostoricoromagnano.it
Roberto Gabetti, an Antonelli scholar, describes Villa Caccia “A Luigi XVI gate, among pilasters and rustications, introduces us to Villa Caccia in Romagnano: according to Palladian examples, the central body is destined to the owner’s residence, while the lateral ones to rural services: the villa is white and tall, with external columns…the residence of this important figure recalls many eighteen hundred examples, translated in a modern language and according to a splendid literature: a building that by itself can make an architect gain respect and become a celebrity(…)”.
These words are referred to Alessandro Antonelli (1798-1888), who, according to his early training, experienced the Romanic style, approaching the interior spirituality of the great Neoclassic movement of the nineteenth century.
Wanting to save the pre-existing Cappuccini convent, date 1641, he built Villa Caccia between 1842 and 1848, inserting himself into a new cultural dimension, combining the Palladian tradition with the needs of a new constructive era.
It is not a coincidence that Antonelli chose to build the Villa, commissioned to him by the Conti Caccia family from Romentino, in such a panoramic position; in Monte Cucco hillock, that looks over Romagnano, between the hills and river Sesia, surrounded by a park which, with its dark colours, makes the edifice look more luminous.
The building has a “U”shape with central building, destined to be the residence, and two lateral, lower buildings which hold stables, farms, cellars, council flats. The structure is breathtaking: on a 1.850 m2 surface, 4.080 if you add all the floors, and volume that reaches 21.300 m3. A park whose extensions reach 23.000 m2 rich in secular trees.
Once the Caccia family was extinguished, the Villa was alienated to privates in 1951. It was abandoned for several years but in 1983 the city hall of Romagnano took over it and after interrupting its degradation, it decided to reconstruct the architectonic complex aiming to touristic and architectural purposes.
A first important step was the destination of the east wing to the new exposition seat of the Historic Ethnographic Museum, founded and promoted in 1973 by three enlightened inhabitants of Romagnano, Maria Adriana Prolo (founder of the Torino National Cinema Museum), Carlo Dionisotti and Fernanada Renolfi, with a group of scholars and people fond of history and territory traditions.
The seventeenth century establishment in Torre 2 street, first seat of the Museum, revealed to be insufficient to keep the numerous donations of objects and cultural finds. It was therefore decided to transfer it to the Villa Caccia east wing, whose recovery was made possible thanks to the contribution of the Piemonte Region and the Town of Romagnano, assigning the new seat to public use and ethnographic studies.
The new exposition seat, opened in 2006, offers an enchanting vision of the expositions; the agricultural and vine cultivation civilization with agriculture tools, machinery, a monumental vine-press belonging to the XVII century; the jobs of the past; traditions and customs; everyday’s life spaces, the farmhouses, the school, the costumes; a photo gallery; several other collections. A characteristic inn where one can taste wine and local products. A bookshop where to find the local history’s editorial news.
The museum is constantly updated: amplification with new collections, among which the one of old toys that will be available soon.
Alla scoperta del Neoclassico attraverso le opere di Alessandro Antonelli
Cod. 10

Alla scoperta del Neoclassico attraverso le opere di Alessandro Antonelli

F.Bordino, C.Brugo, J.Colombo, G.M.Gavinelli, F.Mingozzi, S.Monferrini, E.Rame, I.Teruggi
ATL della Provincia di Novara

Itinerari d'Arte del Novarese continua con un nuovo itinerario che ci conduce a scoprire il neoclassico attraverso le Opere di Alessandro Antonelli ...
Sono ben nove i Comuni novaresi che ancora oggi conservano le sue architetture, la maggior parte di esse visitabili regolarmente. La stessa Cupola della Basilica di San Gaudenzio, simbolo del capoluogo, da alcuni anni viene valorizzata attraverso visite con salite guidate durante tutto l'anno.

PUBBLICAZIONE CARTACEA MOMENTANEAMENTE NON DISPONIBILE

Search
Refine your search criteria using the following filters
Logo ATL
ATL Novara - Baluardo Quintino Sella, 40 - 28100 Novara
P.IVA 01679820033 - C.F. 94031260030 - Tel. 0321.394059 - Fax 0321.631063
EMAIL info@turismonovara.it - PEC aptlnovara@pec.it